Hummingbird Hippopotamus was born before I even got to tell you the story of that nickname. I've tried multiple times to write that post but I just can't get into it. It truly is a funny story though! I think my issue is that after I type it out, it doesn't sound as funny as when it actually happened. It definitely was one of those "you had to be there" situations.
So, I'll make a not so long story even shorter and I won't care if you think it's funny or not. Otherwise you will never ever know where the heck that nickname came from.
A few months ago, I was working with one of my favorite surgeons all day. Since I wouldn't tell him the name we had picked out, he decided to host a baby naming "contest". The thing is, he didn't really tell anyone there was a contest going on, even if it was a joke! All day long, he made up these crazy names for her. Two non-winning names that I remember were Lugnut Paperclip (I told him too masculine) and Rapunzel Ozymandias (too hard to spell). After a day full of silly names, Hummingbird Hippopotamus was the clear winner. After announcing that, the doctor told me that the winner of the contest gets to be the baby's godfather. He really amused me and himself all day long. Ever since that day, he asks how Hummingbird is doing even if just passing in the hallway.
See, doesn't sound all that exciting does it? But at least you know now where little Miss. got one of her nicknames from!
No comments:
Post a Comment